6.13.2007

A positive, overly-dramatic, codependent, ESTP...and you are?

I just got my blood donor card in the mail. For the first time in my 29 years of life, I now know that I am:

A Positive

This means I can donate to:
  • A Positive
  • AB Positive
And I can receive:
  • A Positive
  • A Negative
  • O Positive
  • O Negative

According to the Red Cross website (http://www.givelife2.org/aboutblood/bloodtypes.asp), my blood type is the second most common in caucasians.

Here are some other interesting blood facts:

  • Positive blood can receive Positive or Negative blood.
  • You have to match type A with A and B with B.
  • O is neutral, so it can be donated to anyone.
  • AB+ can receive any kind of blood, it is a Universal Receiver.
  • O- can be donated to anyone, it is a Universal Donor.

Also, I assume that because I received the card in the mail, that my blood was in no way tainted. Not that I thought it was - it's just one of those things that can make you hold your breath for a minute.

Just thought I'd put it here, because I know in less than 13 hours, I will have forgotten. Also, I think it's cool because I have a card.

"It's ok! I'm a blood donor! A+!"

Also, just to mark this momentous occasion, I went to the doc today, and they hooked me up with the TROM brace. My knee still feels like a tiny noodle kitty leg or something. But I did make it out to the mailbox in my brace and only one crutch, so that's pretty awesome. It took for-freaking-ever, but I did it. And, I only tripped once. As for inside the apartment, well...that's another story...land mines everywhere. I've only nearly killed myself, falling over these damn crutches, at least 3 times a day. Plus, no matter where I prop them, the earth has an extremely strong gravitational pull on them. Otherwise, my head has a magnet in it.

Ok, I just attempted to raise my leg, to straighten it out, like I've been doing all day, since I've had this ridiculous thing on, and I actually made a noise...out of my mouth. Not my knee. So, I better go take some drugs. I'm having to actively switch positions to get comfortable, and that's not a good sign.

Will update more soon. Still no pics - soon, though.

No comments: