11.16.2009

Ten years ago...

I saw this on Postsecret today, and it absolutely took my breath away.

















Ten years ago, my mother passed away. After her EEG showed no activity, the doctors came in to check her reflexes, but she would never respond. But, I held her hand, and every time I would tell her to squeeze my hand, she would. Not a tic, but a real squeeze.

To this day, I've never told a soul, because I knew they would think I was creating something that wasn't there.

She might not have been there for the doctors.

But, she was there for me.


Thank you to whomever posted this secret. It means more to me than I could ever express.

2 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Wow. That made me cry. I miss your Mom. And I believe you. She wanted to hang on for you, Jen. She wanted you to know how much she loved you, one more time.

I love you. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

my dad squeezed my hand too. it's what woke me up to look at his monitors. I thought I must have imagined it, so I never told anyone either. But I knew what I felt. and I knew it was real. I KNEW it. Thank you for posting this Schmoopy. I love you so much!!!!