10.31.2006

a letter

this won't make any sense if you don't read my blog in order. but if you're just all about chaos, then you're probably in the right place anyway.

anyway, i wanted to share this, because although she's never been in my shoes, nor experienced some of the things i have, she knows how i feel so well, and i'll never understand how.

this is from heather, and i typed out my blog before i read this.

****************************

Hey! Get past the cheesy music, but, hey, you may like the music. All I ask is that you open your heart for the next few seconds as you scroll down and read the message. I was thinking of how to say what I wanted to you, but well it was forwarded to me....so I sent it to you. I couldn't have said it better myself.
We are going to get you through this, girl. We're going to let God in...inside this time and you are going to be healed. It's that simple. And if you can remember from a long ago email that I sent you....I have the flashlight. I love you bunches.
Heather
:-P

Hello God,
I called tonight
To talk a little while
I need a friend who'll listen
To my anxiety and trial.
You see, I can't quite make it
Through a day just on my own...
I need your love to guide me,
So I'll never feel alone.
I want to ask you please to keep
My family safe and sound.
Come and fill their lives with confidence
For whatever fate they're bound.
Give me faith, dear God, to face
Each hour throughout the day,
And not to worry over things
I can't change in any way.
I thank you God for being home
And listening to my call,
For giving me such good advice
When I stumble and fall.
Your number, God, is the only one
That answers every time.
I never get a busy signal,
Never had to pay a dime.
So thank you, God, for listening
To my troubles and my sorrow.
Good night, God, I love You too,
And I'll call again tomorrow!

**************************************

i thought the part about the flashlight was a little uncanny, considering my prison in the dank basement. but that's why we're best friends. because God put her here, and she always knows what to say. i wish i could, someday, be the same for her. i wish i could, someday, be the same for everyone.

No comments: