7.28.2007

enough with the updates

originally posted: 7.27.07

I just got back from lunch, and I'm having to update my blog THROUGH MY EMAIL, because for some reason, they've blocked blogger and numerous other sites at my work.

It's shit like this that makes me hate this place.

I talked to Sean a few days ago, though, and he said they've done the same thing at his work recently, too. I don't know what that means. Conspiratorial behavior is what it sounds like to me. Some kind of government shit, no doubt. Heather had an American flag sitting on her countertop the other day, that I had to move to make a sandwich, and I accidentally dropped it on the floor. I told her that if the feds showed up, I'd try to go quietly. Apparently it would be better to drop tomato on the flag, rather than push it to the side for sanitary reasons.

Whatever.

I'm a second generation hippie, so I'm allowed to say these things.

Anyway, things are ok. I'm all moved in to Heather's downstairs...again. I know, I know, but everything is still in the smack-dab middle of transition. Every bit of the crap that I own is stuffed, somehow, into her downstairs playroom. I have a fit every time one of the cats tries to make a scratching post out of my $3000 mattress.

What else? Oh, I'm sick as a dog. Thank God for my surgeon from yesterday, though (no names, just in case). While I was down in surgery, I heard it was his birthday, so I went up to him and said, "Happy birthday - write me an antibiotic." It started as stuffy/runny nose (how can it be both?), then just rapidly spread all through my head. It's in my throat, both my ears, headache, watery eyes, green, and my voice keeps going in and out. I know it's all because of last week, getting little sleep, stress, moving, passing out, the heat, etc. But he hooked me up with amoxicillin, and I'm already feeling the tiniest bit better. I have to stay drugged up on the OTC stuff, because I can't be running through the OR, blowing my nose and touching stuff and breathing on patients. I just hope I'll be ok for this Saturday night.

Which reminds me - I need to go get a bar bible and some No-Doz, or something to keep me going. I hope it's a little busier. I'm trying to spread the word, but then again, I don't want people to show up, just so I can make a serious ass of myself. I just want your money. &=) Just kidding. But not really.

The girl who hooked me up with the job was attacked by her soon-to-be ex-husband a couple of days ago, so I'm really worried about her. I told her that I know people think I'm crazy for always carrying a knife, but I am, and there are reasons for it. Other people give me those reasons. He spent most of the night up there last Saturday on her side of the bar, just sitting and watching. I know break-ups are hard, but come on. I have to say, I managed to stave off the stalker in me when I went through break-ups. It's hard - I KNOW. I think everyone knows what it feels like to have your heart smashed into a million tiny pieces and then crapped on, only for it to sit out in the baking hot sun for weeks, until it dries up, turns into a white, ashy, abstruse, undecipherable material and blows away. I got all that. Hell, I tried to make myself jump off the 280 bridge once. I know what pain is.

So, I'm probably going to be a little edgy on Saturday - best not to sneak up on me.

Ohhhhh, what else? Oh yeah, I paid my moneys, and I'm all set to start moving in to my new place in Southside on Saturday. I'm going to try to take as much as I possibly can, but like I've said before, I'm just going to move the bare essentials (bed, bathroom stuff, computer) until I can afford to hire some guys - or buy some new friends - to move the rest. I'm really looking forward to this. Or, rather, I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!! I am. I love Heather, but I can't find ANYTHING I own right now. &=D I'm sure people are starting to wonder about the smell and why I keep wearing the same clothes. It's still going to take me some time to get some money saved up, to start paying off bills, THEN be able to buy the things I want (new cam is priority). I hate that I have this stuff so well-organized in my head sometimes. There are days that I break down and buy something I don't need - like a Wii game, when I don't own a Wii.

You know what I'm saying. It's like being on a money diet. Except that I don't eat money. I ate a marble one time, but it came out in my poop. I don't know if money will do that. I can't even stand the SMELL of money, much less to touch it. &=P Yet, I can never have enough.

Lemme think...I think that's it. I'm only about 15 chapters through HP&TDH, but I'm really trying to savor this one my first time through. I don't read when other people are around, because I can't stand to take my attention from the book. I'm taking notes, of which everyone's made fun. My friend at work, Tommy, is about to die for me to finish the book, because he said he still has all these unanswered questions. Every time I ask HIM a question, though, he just stares at me, or says, ".....I can't say." I can't wait to get all moved in and settled down, because I'd like to go through and reread all the books from start to finish. I can't wait until the paperback comes out, because that's when I get to make all my notes and underlinings and stuff. The HP Lexicon has been an absolutely invaluable resource. I love that thing. I like to just open it up and read it, just to have something to read. I hate that people don't like this STORY, but that's how it is, I guess.

Ok, I think that's about it for now. I'm sorry I've been so sparse in my updates and pictures and whatnot. They say that you shouldn't wish your life away, but I sure am glad these last couple of weeks are over. I knew it was going to be rough, but it got overwhelming at times.

I'm in the last days, though. No more driving to work from Hoover - yay! Gotta call my landlord (-lady? -people?) to find out when to sign the lease, so more when I get something going...

No comments: