6.05.2009

I was surprised to learn that I was secretly in love with Albuquerque, New Mexico.

In the late 90's, I went with my ex-husband to visit his extended family in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where he was born. I've always hated everything to do with the west - the climate, the sand, the houses - everything. But, when I got out there, I was very pleasantly surprised! It was wonderful out there! The weather was incredible, the sites were much better than pictures, and the people were SO much more friendly than they are here! I was shocked and enchanted by this wonderful new city. &=)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

New Mexico is my favorite place in the U.S.! I couldn't explain to anyone exactly what the weather was like...or if there is even such a thing as "soft" weather. but there is definitely something extraordinary going on with the climate, it actually changes you.
P.S. I only saw Albuquerque from the airport, but Carlsbad and Roswell were perfect as far as I was concerned. :)